Some Christian singles are perfectly content—while others are not. Many feel like they are missing out because they’re missing marriage, wondering: Is there something wrong with me? When is it my turn? What if I never find someone? In Singleness: How to be Single and Satisfied, June Hunt reveals how to be happy being single, how to uproot common causes of discontentment, and how to find joy in knowing that God is our ultimate “need-meeter” for love, significance, and security.
Whether you are single for a season or single again, discover biblical truths about how God wants to use your singleness to fulfill His purpose and plan for your life. Perfect resources for anyone who is single and Christian (including single Christian women, single moms, single Christian men, etc.)
Christian and Single? Find out God’s View of Singleness and Discover the Benefits of Living Single This 96-page book, Singleness: How to Be Single and Satisfied, features –
- Definition Section, covering key definitions and insights on singleness including the 3 types of singleness (single for all seasons, single for a season, and single again) and the unique challenges each faces.
- Characteristics Section, covering the 18 signs of discontentment and practical ways to use your time of singleness for God’s purpose and glory. Experience the peace that comes from fully realizing that it is God – not a spouse – that can complete us, making us fill whole and giving us the love, significance, and security we so often crave from others.
- “Steps to Solution” Section provides practical, Bible-based advice on how to develop a healthy perspective of singleness, how to be C.O.N.T.E.N.T, and how to line up your self-image with God’s image of you. Includes a close up look at what the Bile says about singleness and includes encouraging Scriptures!
- Includes Practical Tools and Tips on How to Develop a Healthy Perspective of Singleness:
- 5 myths about singleness and how to NOT to fall for them.
- Contentment Test/Checklist – provides 36 self-reflective questions to help you gauge your level of contentment on a personal, social, and spiritual level.
- Q & A on Common Questions, such as –
- Is it scriptural to participate in matchmaking/online dating services?
- Why should I stay pure?
- What does having a “healthy” view of singleness look like?
- Why doesn’t God give me the desires of my heart?
- Isn’t marriage encouraged in the Bible?
As a single Christian woman and as a Christian counselor, June Hunt addresses the secret questions often asked by singles that cause discontentment, such as –
- “When can I have a fulfilling companionship?”
- “What is wrong with me?”
- “How can I keep from feeling unwanted?”
- “Why am I not worthy enough to be loved?”
- “Who will make me feel important?”
Enjoy Practical Advice on How to be Happy Being Single –The good news is that you don’t need anyone to complete you. You are already complete in Christ! Find out how God wants to use your singleness to fulfill His purpose, to fulfill your deepest needs, and ultimately to bring you closer to him.
Look for all 36 titles in the Hope For The Heart Biblical Counseling Library. These mini-books are for people who seek freedom from codependency, anger, conflict, verbal and emotional abuse, depression, or other problems.